For More Information: Call the Louisiana Statistical Analysis Center at 225.342.1737.
Funded by a series of grants from the U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), the Louisiana Statistical Analysis Center (SAC) serves as our state's representative in the BJS statistical analysis national network program. The goals of the SAC program are as follows:
- Enhance the capability of Louisiana to collect, analyze, and interpret data on criminal justice issues relevant to the state and the nation.
- Make maximum use of state statistical organizations and state-level data by the BJS.
- Provide a mechanism which supports the collection and sharing of vital criminal justice system data among the states, and between the states and the federal government.
- Serve the information needs of the state and federal governments, and provide a core body of knowledge about the administration of criminal justice in the State of Louisiana.
The LCJIC has been a primary resource for Louisiana criminal justice policy makers and practitioners to obtain timely and accurate information on the state's criminal justice system. In addition, the LCJIC has been utilized in information sharing projects between local, state, and federal level organizations. The LCJIC's primary function is to collect, analyze, and disseminate empirical and substantive information on crime and criminal justice to Louisiana policy makers in a timely manner in an effort to improve policy and operational decision making. Examples of LCJIC activities include:
The following projects and activities of the SAC are vital to the achievement of the SAC program goals:
- Maintenance of a central repository of criminal justice information from all sources, focusing on Louisiana.
- Respond to requests for information from citizens, local, state, and federal organizations.
- Preparation and dissemination crime trend, and criminal justice correctional indicators, via written reports, verbal testimony and presentation, and informational support.
- Preparation of special issue reports.
- Provide informational support to the following criminal justice policy groups:
- Louisiana Legislature
- Governor's Violent Crime and Homicide Task Force
- Governor's Prison Population, Sentencing Practices, and Alternative Sanctions Task Forces.
- Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement
- Louisiana Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Policy Board
- Louisiana Drug Policy Board
- Louisiana Crime Victim's Reparation Board
- Louisiana Sentencing Commission.
- Design and maintain micro data sets of criminal justice data.
- Provide information on financial assistance available for funding criminal justice projects to prospective grant and other financial aid recipients.
- Provide technical assistance to state and local agencies with the location and processing of statistical and substantive information relative to criminal justice issues.
- Maintain a Louisiana SAC home page for providing easy and timely access to criminal justice information.
- Annual Louisiana Sentencing Practices Review.
- Annual report on Disproportionate Minority Contact (DMC)
- Annual Crime in Louisiana report
- Juvenile Crime Analysis
Documents and Reports
- 2016 Act 276 Sexual Assault Report
- Crime Rate by Parish 2008 (PDF)
- SAC Information Request Form (WORD)
- Crime Rate by Parish 2006 (PDF)
- Crime Rate by Parish 2007 (PDF)
- Crime Rate by Parish 2008 (PDF)
- Minimum Jail Standards
- Crime in Louisiana 2014
- Crime in Louisiana 2013
- Crime in Louisiana 2012
- Crime in Louisiana 2011
- Crime in Louisiana 2010
- Crime in Louisiana 2009
- Crime in Louisiana 2008
- Crime in Louisiana 2007
- Crime in Louisiana 2006
- Crime in Louisiana 2005
- Crime in the United States
- Louisiana Sheriffs' Association
- Louisiana District Attorneys' Association
- Disproportionate Minority Contact (DMC)
- Justice Research & Statistic Association
- Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- Louisiana Administrative Code
update March 28, 2014